BUSINESS and SALES ASSOICATE – Full Time
Staten Island, NY
The Business and Sales Associate (BSA) is responsible for managing and working with new and existing clients wishing to utilize the campus for programmatic rental and/or partnership events, commercial film and photo shoots, festivals, conferences and other types of earned income activity that maximizes revenue and draws new audiences. The BSA reports directly to the CFO but will also work collaboratively with other programmatic departments and operational departments. The BSA will seek to identify, pitch/solicit, and implement content that is in line with Snug Harbor’s cultural mission and will perform administrative duties associated with above including but not limited to paper work, contracting, inter-departmental coordination, correspondence, and reporting.
He or she is responsible for managing the relationships with new and existing clients who conduct business in Snug Harbor’s unique facilities, which include the historic 686 seat Music Hall, several multi-purpose rooms and outdoor areas. The BSA will manage any existing rentals/clients in the Music Hall (eg. recitals, graduations, etc.). The BSA is also responsible for the event management and logistics preparation associated with executing above-mentioned programming/content/events.
Under the supervision of the CFO the BSA is responsible for:
- Identifying, pitching to and acquiring new clients of varying size who are interested in using Snug Harbor’s unique indoor and outdoor spaces for short term rentals such as TV/Film/Photo shoots, recitals, graduations, festivals, concerts and performances, meetings/conferences/retreats, etc.
- Optimizing relationship building and audience development strategies with existing clients and new audiences
- Managing relationships with large and small corporations, production companies, concert promoters, theater and performing arts companies, other nonprofits, civic associations, and community leaders; create strategic partnerships that advance the organization’s mission
- Work on teams with members of the Performing Arts and Operations dpeartments to develop and implement programmatic themes for activities on the site
- Ensuring the new clients/events are submitted and updated on the site-wide calendar
Business and Administrative Functions
- Negotiates, prepares and executes rental contracts for new business and manages the business retention of existing clients utilizing the Music Hall (eg. recitals, graduations, festivals, etc)
- Maintains superior relationships with all business clients including responding to email inquiries, answering sales calls, conduction tours, etc
- Prepares periodic reports on earned income activity and prospective business leads for CFO
- Works with the Finance Department to verify that all contracts are properly recorded in the accounting system and assist with collections as needed
- Candidate must have a BA or substantial experience in a relevant field with demonstrated experience, excellent communication and people skills, strong organizational and clerical skills, and superior attention to detail
- Candidate must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and proficiency in Word and Excel
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive, with excellent follow-up and project management skills and demonstrate excellent customer service both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to take direction, work quickly, independently and with discretion is essential
The qualified candidate for this position will bring a mix of energy, adaptability, judgment, communication and critical thinking skills and “roll up the sleeves attitude” towards their work. Additional qualifications include:
- Candidate must be personable, a team player, creative and extremely organized
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both alone and in groups
- Enthusiastic, work to high standards and ability to take direction
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings as needed
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter with salary history and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “[Your Name] – Business and Sales Associate.”
We are an equal opportunity workplace and welcome cultural diversity in our workforce.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however ONLY those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Check back often for Career Opportunities!