General Guidelines & Code of Conduct for Special Occasion Photography
At Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden, special occasion photography is categorized as any wedding, engagement, anniversary, Sweet 16, child portrait sessions (with or without props), blog, or staged/group photoshoots. All special occasion permits are subject to approval. Please carefully review our rules and etiquette guidelines for restrictions. SHCCBG does not require insurance for special occasion photography.
- Approved permits grant access to specified areas for TWO HOURS only. Shoots may take place seven days a week, between the hours of 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM. Please note the NY Chinese Scholar’s Garden is closed on Mondays and after 5:00 PM Tuesday – Sunday, and has limited hours during the winter.
- Some garden areas may not be available based upon seasonality or previously scheduled events.
- Rain dates will be issued based on availability.
- Snug Harbor is a public space. Photo permits do not grant exclusive access to any areas.
Commercial photo or film projects require a location contract which may be obtained by contacting Jenny Kelly at JKelly@snug-harbor.org or 718.425.3516.
Please submit the form below and allow at least 72 business hours for processing.
Photo Permit Fees and Regulations
- $150.00: 2 hours in gardens and grounds, excluding the NY Chinese Scholar’s Garden
- $350.00: 2 hours in all gardens and grounds, including the NY Chinese Scholar’s Garden (not available for Monday reservations).
- Snug Harbor closes at dusk. Photos must be completed by 5:00 pm in the NY Chinese Scholar’s Garden.
- Photo permits have a 2 hour limit.
- Permits are subject to availability and cannot be processed until payment is received.
General Grounds Rules and Regulations (including but not limited to the NY Chinese Scholar’s Garden):
- No smoking or alcohol.
- No decorations of any kind, including tables, chairs, tents, or canopies.
- No use of glitter or confetti.
- No use of drones.
- Do not float anything on the water in ANY ponds.
- Do not move potted plants or Snug Harbor horticultural supplies.
- Do not add artificial or real flowers to pots of existing plants.
- Do not step into or run cords through planting beds.
Specific to the NY Chinese Scholar’s Garden:
- Do not open or force any doors that are closed.
- Do not move furniture.
For any questions or if a permit is misplaced, please contact Tiffany Feo at email@example.com or 718-425-3504.