Full Time | Staten Island, NY
SHCC seeks a Planning & Design Manager who is responsible for managing a variety of projects related to planning, design and construction on the Snug Harbor campus. Reporting to the Director of Operations & Facilities, the Planning & Design Manager will lead diverse initiatives in planning, design, and construction. The Manager will manage key capital projects funded by grants and SHCC operating funds and will be the primary representative of Snug Harbor for City-funded capital projects managed by the Department of Cultural Affairs, Department of Design & Construction, and other City agencies. This is a full-time, year-round position.
- Heritage Farm Pavilion Design & Construction: Procure and manage an architect to commence design on an approximately $2M grant funded pavilion for farm education and events, and assist administrative departments on grant reporting and compliance.
- Visitor Experience Improvements: Procure contractors and manage design and construction for numerous visitor safety and accessibility projects, including regrading sidewalks and creating ADA access at entry gates. Future projects include developing an RFEI for wayfinding consultants.
- Master Site Plan: Serve as SHCC’s representative on a team of City agencies and professionals to develop Capital Project Scope Development (CPSD) study, which will culminate in a tiered Master Site Plan our future growth.
- Capital Projects:
- Serve as Snug Harbor’s representative for City-funded capital projects Current projects, include an $10M Music Hall expansion, a $8M Electrical infrastructure upgrade, a $2M roof replacement, and an $11M HVAC upgrade.
- Manager will collaborate on Snug Harbor-led capital projects to restore and upgrade building, landscape, or horticultural elements on campus.
- Lead projects including construction feasibility studies, planning strategy, design and planning presentations, and community engagement.
- Give design presentations to SHCC staff, City agencies, and community partners, including preparations of all supporting graphic materials.
- Manage special projects and initiatives, when needed.
- Develop, write and track Requests for Proposals for professional services, construction supervision services, inspections and similar.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in the fields of planning, architecture, or construction management.
- Familiarity with architectural plans and details and experience with urban design and capital projects for public architecture and landscape architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage, as well as superior project management skills, including the ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written, verbal, and graphic communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with CAD.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, solve problems, collaborate with colleagues, vendors and other staff at all levels.
- Candidates should be comfortable working in a small, fast-paced, and flexible office environment and must demonstrate excellent skills in verbal, written and graphic communication.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Snug Harbor offers a generous vacation/holiday schedule and participation in the Cultural Institutions Retirement System pension plan.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “[Your Name] – Planning & Design Manager.” Snug Harbor is an equal opportunity workplace and welcomes cultural diversity in our workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.