Full Time | Staten Island, NY
SHCCBG seeks a Capital Projects & Planning Manager (CPPM) to be responsible for a variety of projects related to planning, design and construction on the Snug Harbor campus. The CPPM will manage several grant-funded projects (each typically between $10k – $50k) from start to finish including defining scopes of work, writing RFPs, planning logistics, and selecting contractors to successfully complete capital improvements. The CPPM will actively manage contractors to meet schedules, choose appropriate methods and materials, and solve hurdles in the field. The CPPM will also be a primary representative of Snug Harbor for large scale capital projects on campus managed by the NYC Department of Design & Construction. This is a full-time, year-round position.
- Manage design and construction budgets and contracts for numerous safety and accessibility projects, including regrading sidewalks, creating ADA access at entry gates and upgrading building and landscape elements.
- Develop Requests for Proposals for professional services, construction supervision services, inspections and similar.
- Procure and manage an architect to commence design on an approximately $2M grant funded Farm Education Pavilion. Work with programming departments to develop project goals and assist administrative departments on grant reporting and compliance.
- Participate in meetings and tours related to the Capital Project Scope Development (CPSD) Master Plan, a City-led study that will result in a short and long term capital investment plan
- Lead projects including construction feasibility studies, planning strategy, design and planning presentations, and community engagement.
- Work with senior management and grant writers on strategic, technical, and administrative aspects of current and future grants related to design and construction projects.
- Propose projects for future grant proposals to improve site safety, accessibility, and the visitor experience
- Serve as Snug Harbor’s representative for City-managed capital projects including a $10M theater expansion, a $8M electrical infrastructure upgrade, a $2M roof replacement, and an $11M campus HVAC upgrade.
- Manage special projects and initiatives, when needed
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in planning, architecture, construction management, or related field.
- Familiarity with architectural plans and experience with urban design and capital projects for public and landscape architecture.
- Experience in establishing budgets and proposals, preparing schedules and monitoring adherence to terms.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage, as well as superior project management skills, including the ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion with minimal supervision.
- Results-oriented problem solver.
- Excellent written, verbal, and graphic communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to collaborate and build positive working relationships with colleagues, vendors and other staff at all levels.
- Candidates should be comfortable working in a small, fast-paced, and flexible office environment.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Snug Harbor offers a generous vacation/holiday schedule and participation in the Cultural Institutions Retirement System pension plan.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Capital Projects & Planning Manager — [Your Name] .” Snug Harbor is an equal opportunity workplace and welcomes cultural diversity in our workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.