Snug Harbor’s Dance Center in Building G contains three expansive, state-of-the-art dance studios available for classes, rehearsals, residencies, and other related programming.
1 studio 30 x 40’ with hardwood floors
1 studio 30 x 40’ with marley flooring and ballet barres
1 studio 19’ x 24’ with hardwood floors and mirrors
Well-lit with natural light
Air conditioning in summer and heating in winter
Location: Building G, 2nd Floor
For inquiries, contact Eric Hagmueller at email@example.com or 718-425-3572.
Dancers and choreographers:
We are thrilled to announce that through December 31, 2024, Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden received a generous grant that allows you to apply for subsidized dance rehearsal space here on our grounds.
Dance/NYC’s New York City Rehearsal Space Subsidy Program, made possible by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, is an exciting program which makes affordable rehearsal space available at discounted rates to dance makers whose previous dance work has been publicly presented. In a city where artists are in critical need of affordable space for the creation and development of their work, this program also fosters a more inclusive and fair dance field, with a focus on accessibility, geography, and the demographics of artists served.
Dance makers interested in applying for use of subsidized space should fill out this form to be considered. Our staff will follow up with you within 1-3 business days of receipt. For inquiries, contact Eric Hagmueller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-425-3572.
The Snug Harbor dance studios have reopened for rentals, and we are carefully following strict Phase-4 guidelines regarding capacity.
Capacity Until Further Notice:
G201 – 25
G202 – 25
G203 – 25
- All rentals of the dance studios must be made at least 48-hours prior to requested usage.
- After room usage, please ensure all garbage, including used PPE or cleaning supplies, are discarded into provide trash receptacles.
What we are doing to keep you safe:
• All rooms will be properly cleaned and sanitized before and after each use.
• Each room will be equipped with sanitization supplies. We ask that you please wipe down barres, door knobs, and other commonly touched surfaces after usage. DO NOT REMOVE ANY SANITIZATION SUPPLIES.
• We will continue to review all guidelines set by the City and State on how to safely operate, and will adjust our policies accordingly.