Snug Harbor’s Dance Center in Building G contains three expansive, state-of-the-art dance studios available for classes, rehearsals, residencies, and other related programming.
1 studio 30 x 40’ with hardwood floors
1 studio 30 x 40’ with marley flooring and ballet barres
1 studio 19’ x 24’ with hardwood floors and mirrors
Well-lit with natural light
Air conditioning in summer and heating in winter
Location: Building G, 2nd Floor
For inquiries, please contact Jenny Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-425-3516.
Dancers and choreographers:
We are thrilled to announce that from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2021, Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden received a generous grant that allows you to apply for subsidized dance rehearsal space here on our grounds.
Dance/NYC’s New York City Rehearsal Space Subsidy Program, made possible by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, is an exciting program which makes affordable rehearsal space available at discounted rates to dance makers whose previous dance work has been publicly presented. In a city where artists are in critical need of affordable space for the creation and development of their work, this program also fosters a more inclusive and fair dance field, with a focus on accessibility, geography, and the demographics of artists served.
Dance makers interested in applying for use of subsidized space should fill out this form to be considered. Our staff will follow up with you within 1-3 business days of receipt. Please direct any questions to Jenny Kelly, Business Manager, at 718-425-3516 or email@example.com.
The Snug Harbor dance studios have reopened for rentals, and we are carefully following strict Phase-4 guidelines regarding capacity.
Capacity Until Further Notice:
G201 – 12
G202 – 12
G203 – 10
- All rentals of the dance studios must be made at least 48-hours prior to requested usage.
- The dance studios shall be rented to only one individual or organization at a time, though that individal/organization may rent multiple rooms in order to maintain capacity.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times.
- Masks or other facial coverings that cover both the nose and mouth must be worn in common areas, and when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- All renters are required to provide PPE for their participants.
- After room usage, please ensure all garbage, including used PPE or cleaning supplies, are discarded into provide trash receptacles.
- If anyone exhibits symptoms during your session, please send them home and alert the Business Department.
- During phased reopening, we are adhereing to best practices, and as a result only one parent/guardian will be allowed to escort a child to class. No one will be allowed to wait in the hallway or lobby area for more than 5 minutes.
What we are doing to keep you safe:
• Signage promoting social distancing has been placed in all common areas.
• All rooms will be properly cleaned and sanitized before and after each use.
• Each room will be equipt with santization supplies – We ask that you please wipe down barres, door knobs, and other commonly touched surfaces after usage. DO NOT REMOVE ANY SANITIZATION SUPPLIES.
• Studio schedules for the day will be printed and placed outside each door to ensure there is no disruption or unauthorized entry into the space.
• We will continue to review all guidelines set by the City and State on how to safely operate, and will adjust our policies accordingly.