Show Your Cards is a national call for ACEO’s. For the uninitiated, ACEO stands for Art Card Originals and Editions. They are an offshoot of ATC’s or Art Trading Cards. Both are by definition cards of artwork measuring 2.5 x 3.5 inches, the same as a standard playing card.
The history of ACEO’S (rather as some would say, their parent ATC) is that the project was initiated in 1997 by Zurich artist M. Vänçi Stirnemann. There are others who think that the specific title of ATC may have been declared in 1997; the idea of making art in miniature and sharing it has been going on for centuries.
In any event, this October, Art Lab is celebrating this art form – and is calling upon all artists living within the United States to participate and show their cards!
See below for guidelines and email firstname.lastname@example.org for entry form. Work, with completed entry form and entry fee is due at Art Lab by October 1, 2015 by 5pm. EXTENSION TO THE 5TH! Exhibition dates are October 10 – 31, 2015.
1. Each work should be labeled on the back of work with the following information: Name of Artist, Title of Work, and State of Origin. Each artist may submit 5 ACEO’s.
2. All mediums are acceptable. Originals are preferred. Editions should be numbered. ACEO base should be 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches – dimensional additions are acceptable, but base should remain 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches.
3. Do not mat or frame your work.
4. Work must arrive at the Art Lab by 5:00pm on October 1, 2015. Local artists may drop off their work between September 25 and October 1.
5. Completed entry form (following page) and hanging fee of $15 must accompany artwork. Checks/money orders should be made to ART LAB, INC. Payment may also be made via phone with credit card, prior to mailing entry and we will give you an authorization code to put on entry form.
6. Art Lab’s gallery committee reserves the right to refuse works that do not meet its guidelines
7. Mailing Instructions: Entry must include a self-addressed stamped envelope with adequate postage to return your work to you. If postage is not adequate, work will not be returned. Art Lab is not responsible for damage which occurs during shipping. Entries will ONLY be sent back to artists VIA UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE.
8. Email email@example.com or call 718.447.8667 for entry form or stop by if you are local. The more the merrier. Let us show how big this little art form is!
9. This is an exhibition only- no sales. Schedule permitting, Art Lab may host a trade day for local artists – announcement to follow if fits schedule.
For information, visit http://artlabsi.com/