On May 29 for the Public Theater’s performance of Much Ado About Nothing, a limited number of vouchers for that night’s performance will be distributed at Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden on the front porch of Cottage D located on Cottage Road on the grounds of Snug Harbor. Each person (age 5+) may receive up to two (2) ticket vouchers, while supplies last.
All performances take place at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park (entrances at W 81st St. & Central Park West or E 79th St & 5th Ave). Seat locations are distributed randomly upon redemption; not based on a person’s redemption time at the Delacorte Box Office.
All vouchers must be exchanged for tickets at the Delacorte Theater Box Office in Central Park between 5:30pm and 7:30pm. Vouchers are only valid until 7:30pm for performances on the day they are issued.
Free tickets will be distributed on each performance day by waiting on line at select distribution points in the five boroughs as well as in Central Park. An in-person lottery is held in the lobby of The Public Theater at 425 Lafayette St and a digital lottery is hosted through Today Tix, all summer long.
12:00pm – Distribution starts
• Public Theater Staff will book patrons into that evening’s performance. No physical tickets will be handed out. Those who receive guaranteed seats (first come first serve until we sell out of our allotment) will pick up their ticket at the Box Office at the Delacorte in Central Park.
• Each guest is entitled to only two vouchers that are to be redeemed for tickets at the Delacorte Box Office.
• Patrons who require accessible and/or a wheelchair seating must alert the staff of that need when receiving their vouchers. There is a limited number of wheelchair and accessible seat locations at the Delacorte Theater and this is one of many distribution points.
• Upon redemption, ticket locations will be distributed at random and patrons are not guaranteed to be seated together, though we will try our best.
• Public Theater Staff will have a visual handout with directions to the Delacorte Theater.
2:00pm – Distribution ends
Watch a video on how to get tickets: https://youtu.be/HmwwclZvL9s
Tony Award winner Kenny Leon (American Son, A Raisin in the Sun) directs a bold new take on Shakespeare’s cherished comedy of romantic retribution and miscommunication, MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING. In this modern production, we find the community of Messina celebrating a break from an ongoing war. But not all is peaceful amid the revelry, as old rivals engage in a battle of wits, unexpected foes plot revenge, and young lovers are caught in a tumultuous courtship – until love proves the ultimate trickster, and undoes them all.