Invigorate and restore your mind, body, and spirit this summer at Snug Harbor with Thrive on Thursdays! You and your family will love:
- Healthy, delicious produce sold fresh from the Heritage Farm
- CSA produce pickups for Heritage Farm CSA members
- FREE movement workshops from Be Yoga & Dance to encourage mind-body connection
- Music from MakerPark Radio DJs and pop-up performances by local musicians
- Food for sale by a different local restaurant each week
- Food scrap and organics dropoff at the Compost Demo Site (Learn what to bring: snug-harbor.org/compost)
- Lawn games on the South Meadow
WHERE: South Meadow at Snug Harbor
Heritage Farm Stand sales and CSA pickups will take place at the Compost Demo Site
WHEN: Thursdays from June 3 – September 30 | 3:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Movement and meditation workshops: 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
ADMISSION: Free! | Registration requested for movement classes
In the event of rain or inclement weather, the Heritage Farm Stand will still operate, but movement activities will be cancelled.
Thurs, September 16:
Heritage Farm Stand Sales and CSA pickups: Compost Demo Site
Food for sale from Chef Deb
Staten Island Philharmonic
MOVEMENT AND MEDITATION
Connect with yourself and your breath with a FREE gentle yoga class courtesy of BE Yoga & Dance, taught by Alyssa Rapp.
Alyssa is a member of the Be Yoga team. She currently teaches yoga and dance at Be. She has been devoted to dance for most of her life and is trained in various techniques. She is a long time student of master contemporary jazz teacher and choreographer Katiti King. She has performed with Joya Powell, Jamie Philibert, Melissa West, Cre-a-tion Dance Collective, and other community based projects. She took her 200-hour yoga teacher training in 2019 at Be Yoga and is now a certified Baptiste Yoga instructor.