Invigorate and restore your mind, body, and spirit this summer at Snug Harbor with Thrive on Thursdays! You and your family will love:
- Healthy, delicious produce sold fresh from the Heritage Farm
- CSA produce pickups for Heritage Farm CSA members
- FREE movement workshops from Be Yoga & Dance to encourage mind-body connection
- Music from MakerPark Radio DJs and pop-up performances by local musicians
- Food for sale by a different local restaurant each week
- Food scrap and organics dropoff at the Compost Demo Site (Learn what to bring: snug-harbor.org/compost)
- Lawn games on the South Meadow
WHERE: South Meadow at Snug Harbor
Heritage Farm Stand sales and CSA pickups will take place at the Compost Demo Site
WHEN: Thursdays from June 3 – September 30 | 3:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Movement and meditation workshops: 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
ADMISSION: Free! | Registration requested for movement classes
In the event of rain or inclement weather, the Heritage Farm Stand will still operate, but movement activities will be cancelled.
Thurs, June 24:
Heritage Farm Stand Sales and CSA pickups: Compost Demo Site
Food for sale from Burrito Bar
Maker Park Radio’s Kitty The Disc Jockey – Female fronted music
MOVEMENT AND MEDITATION
Alyssa Rapp is offering an introductory dance class with the goal of fostering community connection. The movement will be influenced by hip hop and pop. This is a chance to learn some steps and to open yourself up to freestyling.
Alyssa is a member of the Be Yoga team. She currently teaches yoga and dance at Be. She has been devoted to dance for most of her life and is trained in various techniques. She is a long time student of master contemporary jazz teacher and choreographer Katiti King. She has performed with Joya Powell, Jamie Philibert, Melissa West, Cre-a-tion Dance Collective, and other community based projects. She took her 200-hour yoga teacher training in 2019 at Be Yoga and is now a certified Baptiste Yoga instructor.