Invigorate and restore your mind, body, and spirit this summer at Snug Harbor with Thrive on Thursdays! You and your family will love:
- Healthy, delicious produce sold fresh from the Heritage Farm
- CSA produce pickups for Heritage Farm CSA members
- FREE movement workshops from Be Yoga & Dance to encourage mind-body connection
- Music from MakerPark Radio DJs and pop-up performances by local musicians
- Food for sale by a different local restaurant each week
- Food scrap and organics dropoff at the Compost Demo Site (Learn what to bring: snug-harbor.org/compost)
- Lawn games on the South Meadow
WHERE: South Meadow at Snug Harbor
Heritage Farm Stand sales and CSA pickups will take place at the Compost Demo Site
WHEN: Thursdays from June 3 – September 30 | 3:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Movement and meditation workshops: 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
ADMISSION: Free! | Registration requested for movement classes
In the event of rain or inclement weather, the Heritage Farm Stand will still operate, but movement activities will be cancelled.
Thurs, July 8:
Heritage Farm Stand Sales and CSA pickups: Compost Demo Site
Food for sale from Relish Caterers
MOVEMENT AND MEDITATION
Marietta McEvilly Cowan is teaching Gentle Yoga Connect with your breath and body in a class that will focus on gentle movement, strengthening, stretching, and deep relaxation. All levels are welcome! Marietta is passionate about continually learning about movement and the human body. She found the practice of yoga in high school, and has been teaching since her early twenties. She enjoys bringing the practice of yoga to every body, and delights in sharing the joy of movement with others. Marietta teaches regularly at Be Yoga on Bay Street.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Get vaccinated for COVID-19 at Snug Harbor! Through the month of July, we will host a Mobile Vaccine Clinic at Thrive on Thursdays. The unit can be found in the back of P1 (see campus map for location). They will be distributing the Pfizer vaccine, which is approved for patients 12 and up.