Invigorate and restore your mind, body, and spirit this summer at Snug Harbor with Thrive on Thursdays! You and your family will love:
- Healthy, delicious produce sold fresh from the Heritage Farm
- CSA produce pickups for Heritage Farm CSA members
- FREE movement workshops from Be Yoga & Dance to encourage mind-body connection
- Music from MakerPark Radio DJs and pop-up performances by local musicians
- Food for sale by a different local restaurant each week
- Food scrap and organics dropoff at the Compost Demo Site (Learn what to bring: snug-harbor.org/compost)
- Lawn games on the South Meadow
WHERE: South Meadow at Snug Harbor
Heritage Farm Stand sales and CSA pickups will take place at the Compost Demo Site
WHEN: Thursdays from June 3 – September 30 | 3:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Movement and meditation workshops: 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
ADMISSION: Free! | Registration requested for movement classes
In the event of rain or inclement weather, the Heritage Farm Stand will still operate, but movement activities will be cancelled.
Thurs, July 29:
Heritage Farm Stand Sales and CSA pickups: Compost Demo Site
Food for sale from Craft House
Maker Park Radio’s Kitty The Disc Jockey – Female fronted music
MOVEMENT AND MEDITATION
Larissa Schiano- Gonzalez will be leading a Gentle Flow with meditation, focusing on grounding oneself by connecting to ones breath and body. Larissa is founder of BE Yoga SI located in Rosebank, SI. Larissa has been teaching movement practices for over 25 years to all bodies and abilities.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Get vaccinated for COVID-19 at Snug Harbor! Through the month of July, we will host a Mobile Vaccine Clinic at Thrive on Thursdays. The unit can be found in the back of P1 (see campus map for location). They will be distributing the Pfizer vaccine, which is approved for patients 12 and up.