Full Time | Staten Island, NY
The External Affairs Assistant provides crucial administrative support to the External Affairs team comprised of the Development, Business, and Marketing departments. The team collectively manages and develops relationships with new and existing funders, donors, and clients that are active and/or passive patrons of Snug Harbor. Together, the External Affairs team secures and manages critical funding streams for the organization through grants, donations and memberships, events, rentals, and photo shoots.
The External Assistant reports directly to the Vice President of Development & External Affairs and will also work collaboratively with the Director of Business Development, the Grants & Gifts Manager and the Marketing & Communications Manager.
- Support all aspects of the External Affairs Team’s Salesforce record keeping and data management, entering data, creating and pulling reports, updating institutional and individual profiles
- Prepare acknowledgment letters and track payment/check receipt in Salesforce
- Support in-person and virtual events, including list management, invite tracking, timeline management, and follow-up Create briefing materials for VP of Development & External Affairs, other senior staff for meetings with funders
- Research and maintain files on institutional and individual funding prospects
- Support Grants Manager and Programming staff in collecting collateral for award and grant submissions
- Assist with departmental administrative/operations tasks, which include maintaining department calendar and entries into Site-Wide Calendar, preparation of rental contracts, managing photo permits, creation of purchase orders and work orders, returning phone calls, etc.
- Support relationships and coordinate with contracted service providers (i.e., catering services, ordering port-a-johns, entertainment/performers, lighting/audio, etc.), as directed
- Track and manage daily “tally” of incoming checks and payments to Snug Harbor
- Support preparation of Board meeting materials
- Perform other department duties or special projects, as directed
- Provide weekend and evening on-site support for events, as needed
- The qualified candidate for this position will bring a mix of energy, dependability, adaptability, judgment, communication and critical thinking skills to their work. Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize workload
- Experience with data entry software required, Salesforce/PatronManager strongly preferred
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft office suite
- Experience working with people at different professional levels
- Experience working independently as well as part of a team
- Prior work experience in a non-profit environment preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willing to work outdoors, evenings and weekends, as needed
- Collaborative spirit and sense of humor a must
Qualified candidates should complete the employee application form by visiting https://snug-harbor.org/jobapplication/. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Snug Harbor celebrates and commits to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion. We value and seek the strengths of human variety across communities, in programming, with staff, the Board of Directors, volunteers, artists and visitors. Snug Harbor strives to build a culture of diversity of voice and representation, authentically inclusive spaces and equity for all. Snug Harbor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.