IDNYC is the new, free identification card for all New York City residents, which will give all of us the opportunity to show who we are—New Yorkers. As a government-issued photo identification card, IDNYC will secure the peace of mind and access to City services that come from having recognized identification. IDNYC benefits every city resident, including the most vulnerable communities—the homeless, youth, the elderly, undocumented immigrants, the formerly incarcerated and others who may have difficulty obtaining other government-issued ID.
IDNYC cardholders can access services and programs offered by the City as well as businesses. IDNYC will help enhance public safety, by serving as a recognized ID for interacting with NYPD. It will also help New Yorkers gain access to all City buildings that provide services to the public and will be accepted as a form of identification for accessing numerous City programs and services. IDNYC will also provide a dynamic series of benefits to cardholders, including a free one-year membership at many of the City’s leading museums, zoos, concert halls, and botanical gardens.
Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden Individual Membership Benefits:
- Complimentary admission for one to Snug Harbor galleries (Newhouse Gallery and Main Hall/Building C Gallery)
- Complimentary admission for one to New York Chinese Scholar’s Garden
- Two complimentary guest passes when accompanied by the member
- Discounts on pre-scheduled tours and Snug Harbor materials
- Invitations to Snug Harbor special events for Members
- Complimentary subscription to online newsletter