Part Time | Staten Island, NY
The Operations Coordinator (OC) is an excellent problem solver, highly-organized administrator, and overall team player that will support the Operations department The OC handles a wide variety of administrative and project management tasks such as processing purchase orders, maintains vendor list and inspection records, supporting role in contract and procurement processes. The OC also acts as a boots-on-the-ground problem solver, supporting the Operations team in small-scale capital project management and pursuing creative, efficient solutions to site-wide challenges. This position requires process-minded thinking, acute attention to detail, and excellent project management and communication skills. This position reports to the Director of Operations & Capital Projects with supplemental oversight from the Facilities Site Director. This is a part-time position.
- Manage the timely and accurate processing of purchase orders, in support of and according to procurement policy.
- Seek opportunities for savings and efficiencies in procurement for all Operations departments
- Prepare and process necessary financial documentation to efficiently administer all vendor payments while keeping within the annual budget and in accordance with Snug Harbor policy and procedures
- With support from the Facilities Site Director, support in record keeping and tracking of the preventive maintenance program;
- Supports in managing all maintenance related contracts and service agreements;
- Support efforts in risk management and loss prevention in line with Insurance requirements
- Identify situations and locations that would constitute safety hazards to personnel and assets (lighting, pedestrian walkways, mechanical failures affecting asset integrity, etc.). Make proper notifications to the Facilities Site Director to initiate solutions and repairs.
- Support in securing vendor service agreements and bids for work in line with SHCC’s procurement policies.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- BA (or currently seeking a BA) in a relevant field preferred or demonstrated experience in operations, facilities, business administration construction management administrative experience, which includes organizational, correspondence, and clerical skills and a high level of customer service.
- Experience with or knowledge of the structure of a nonprofit organization
- Ability to take direction and work independently with discretion is essential
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with efficiency and accuracy, attention to detail is of high priority.
- Strong problem-solving skills; possess the ability to, with the support of relevant staff, diagnose a problem and recommend solutions considering cost, time, and facility-wide impact;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel; and Adobe.
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Must be adaptable, punctual, detail-oriented and collaborative in spirit.
- Experience (and a passion for!) Parks and public space operations and maintenance preferred
- Valid NYS driver’s license and clean driving record a plus.
Qualified candidates should complete the employee application form by visiting https://snug-harbor.org/jobapplication/. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Snug Harbor celebrates and commits to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion. We value and seek the strengths of human variety across communities, in programming, with staff, the Board of Directors, volunteers, artists and visitors. Snug Harbor strives to build a culture of diversity of voice and representation, authentically inclusive spaces and equity for all. Snug Harbor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information on SHCC please visit, www.snug-harbor.org