SHCC seeks applicants for the position of Ranger in the Security Department. The primary responsibility is to keep SHCC safe for its residents, visitors and staff.
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum one year of previous security, law enforcement or fire safety experience.
- Eight (8) hours of NYS Security Officer training
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Provide visitors with excellent customer service including, but not limited to, information, directions and assistance.
- Interact professionally and courteously with fellow Rangers, SHCC staff, tenants, and visitors.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance, exhibiting courtesy and respect at all times.
- Provide interior and exterior patrols, both foot and mobile.
- Provide continuous visual/physical inspections of the location.
- Maintain vigilance regarding suspicious conditions and persons, open doors and windows, and other safety issues.
- Provide access to buildings as required.
- Secure the facility during closed hours.
- Exchange concise, effective information with fellow Rangers before and after each shift.
- Notify and inform Safety Operations Manager of any incidents requiring immediate attention.
- Report writing includes patrol logbook, incident reports, accident reports, work requests, and lost & found reports.
- Maintain and activate alarm systems (fire and intrusion) as necessary.
- Maintain vigilance regarding fire prevention, detection and suppression.
- Control and coordinate evacuation procedures (emergency situations).
- Identify situations and locations that would constitute safety hazards (lighting, pedestrian walkways, etc.). Make proper notifications to Safety Operations Manager and other Snug Harbor departments to initiate solutions and repairs. Implement temporary safety precautions until the situation has been corrected.
- Coordinate efforts with Facilities Department regarding maintenance, repairs and improvements.
- Respond to calls for service and notify the proper authorities (police, fire and/or emergency medical service). Notify the Safety Operations Manager as soon as possible.
- Direct and coordinate vehicular traffic circulation and parking.
- Provide necessary assistance to ADA and disabled visitors and employees.
- Assist in daily departmental and site-wide operations as directed.
Work Schedule: Availability on nights, weekends, and holidays
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Ranger – [Your Name].” Complete the employee application form by visiting https://snug-harbor.org/jobapplication/.
Snug Harbor celebrates and commits to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion. We value and seek the strengths of human variety across communities, in programming, with staff, the Board of Directors, volunteers, artists and visitors. Snug Harbor strives to build a culture of diversity of voice and representation, authentically inclusive spaces and equity for all. Snug Harbor is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to the treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.