Part Time and Full Time | Staten Island, NY
Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden seeks applicants for the position of Ranger in the Security Department. The primary responsibility is to keep SHCCBG safe for its residents and visitors.
- High school diploma/GED
- 8 hour security license
- Valid NYS driver’s license
- Good written and verbal skills
- Past security experience a plus
- Provide visitors with information, directions and assistance.
- Interact professionally and courteously with fellow Rangers, SHCCBG staff, tenants, and visitors.
- Maintain a professional demeanor, exhibiting courtesy and respect at all times.
- Provide interior and exterior patrols, both foot and mobile.
- Provide continuous visual/physical inspections of the location.
- Maintain vigilance regarding suspicious conditions and persons, open doors and windows, and other safety issues.
- Provide access to buildings as required.
- Secure the facility during closed hours.
- Exchange concise, effective information with fellow Rangers before and after each shift.
- Report writing: patrol logbook, incident reports, accident reports, work requests, and lost & found reports.
- Maintain and activate alarm systems (fire and intrusion) as necessary.
- Maintain vigilance regarding fire prevention, detection and suppression.
- Control and coordinate evacuation procedures (emergency situations).
- Identify situations and locations that would constitute safety hazards (lighting, pedestrian walkways, etc.). Make proper notifications to other Snug Harbor departments to initiate solutions and repairs. Implement temporary safety precautions until the situation has been corrected.
- Coordinate efforts with Facilities Department regarding maintenance, repairs and
- Respond to calls for service and notify the proper authorities (police, fire and/or
emergency medical service).
- Direct and coordinate vehicular traffic circulation and parking.
- Provide necessary assistance to ADA and disabled visitors and employees.
- Assist in daily departmental and site-wide operations as needed.
Work Schedule: Monday through Sunday; Shift Work
(7:00am-3:00pm, 3:00pm-11:00pm, and 11:00pm-7:00am)
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Ranger – [Your Name].” We are an equal opportunity workplace and welcome cultural diversity in our workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.