Full time | Staten Island, NY
Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden seeks applicants for the position of Safety Operations Manager in the Security Department. Reporting to the Director of Operations and Capital Projects, the primary role will be a boots-on-the-ground point person for security staff and for the safety and operational needs of Snug Harbor’s campus. The Safety Operations Manager will ensure that all daily security operations run smoothly and effectively and implement new processes to optimize campus logistics. The Safety Operations Manager will also oversee the management of the campus-wide fire safety system, managing routine inspections and repairs from outside contractors and interfacing with the FDNY. In addition to managerial duties, the Safety Operations Manager will also carry out standard patrol and other security duties two shifts per week. This position is full time and may require weekend work.
• Work experience: 3+ years’ experience in Security and Managerial roles
• Must maintain or obtain within 30 days of hire the following FDNY Certificates of Fitness: S95 – Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems and Other Related Systems F03 – Indoor Place of Assembly
• Must maintain or obtain within 30 days of hire: New York State Security Guard License • Valid NYS Driver’s License with clean driving record
• Computer Literate (Microsoft Office)
• Excellent communication skills
• Create, supervise, and coordinate daily and weekly time schedules for appropriate coverage for a 24/7 operation that encompasses public hours, overnight and additional coverage for special events and programs.
• Provide interior and exterior patrols, both by foot and mobile. Provide continuous visual/physical inspections of the campus.
• Lead security team staff through the development, training, documentation, and implementation of safety policies, standards, and procedures that will create a safe, efficient, and welcoming environment for the campus.
• Report writing: ranger patrol checklist, patrol logbook, incident reports, accident reports, work requests, and lost & found reports.
• Serve as point-person for logistical expertise to management, providing recommendations for optimized site circulation, crowd control, traffic patterns, or other insights during times of campus disruption.
• Lead an inter-departmental Safety Committee.
• Working with the Director of Operations, develop and implement Emergency Preparedness Plans. Control and coordinate evacuation procedures (emergency situations) and act as evacuation leader when necessary.
• Orient and train new Rangers on security risks and procedures, certifying they are versed on emergency/disaster preparedness.
• Identify situations and locations that would constitute safety hazards to personnel and assets (lighting, pedestrian walkways, mechanical failures affecting asset integrity, etc.). Make proper notifications to other Snug Harbor departments to initiate solutions and repairs. Implement temporary safety precautions until the situation has been corrected.
• Interact professionally and courteously with fellow Rangers, Snug Harbor staff, tenants, and visitors.
• Maintain vigilance regarding suspicious conditions and persons, open doors and windows, and other safety issues.
• Provide access to buildings as required.
• Exchange concise, effective information with fellow Rangers before and after each shift
• Maintain and activate alarm systems (fire and intrusion) as necessary. Maintain vigilance regarding fire prevention, detection and suppression.
• Respond to snow emergencies and plow the grounds when necessary.
• Respond to calls for service and notify the proper authorities (police, fire and/or emergency medical service).
• Direct and coordinate vehicular traffic circulation and parking.
• Provide necessary assistance to ADA and disabled visitors and employees.
• Support Facilities Department as needed. Assist in daily departmental and site-wide operations as needed.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Snug Harbor offers a generous vacation/holiday schedule and participation in the Cultural Institutions Retirement System pension plan.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Safety Operations Manager – [Your Name].”
We are an equal opportunity workplace and welcome cultural diversity in our workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.