Full Time | Staten Island, NY
The Groundskeeper is an essential member of the Horticulture Department. The primary responsibility is to care for the lawns, gardens and plant life of Staten Island’s only botanical garden. This position reports to the Horticulturist. This position is not exempt to FLSA. Snug Harbor reserves the right to change job duties at any time. This job description is not designed to cover every job requirement.
- Water gardens and lawns around gardens
- Skim water features in assigned gardens
- Fertilize gardens and containers
- Maintain hedges
- Operate hand mowers, riding mowers, weed whackers and leaf blowers
- Daily trash removal site-wide
- Assist in table and chair set-ups throughout the site
- Drive offsite to purchase equipment and supplies as directed
- Other duties as assigned
- One year experienced in groundskeeping preferred
- Knowledge of ground equipment and turf management preferred
- Valid NYS driver’s license required
- Must be able to follow directions and work independently
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be organized and manage time well
- Able to work outdoors in all weather
- Spanish and English facility strongly preferred
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Groundskeeper – [Your Name].” Complete the employee application form by visiting https://snug-harbor.org/jobapplication/.
Snug Harbor celebrates and commits to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion. We value and seek the strengths of human variety across communities, in programming, with staff, the Board of Directors, volunteers, artists and visitors. Snug Harbor strives to build a culture of diversity of voice and representation, authentically inclusive spaces and equity for all. Snug Harbor is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to the treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
For more information on Snug Harbor please visit, www.snug-harbor.org